Monday, May 24, 2010

Unification Tea

I am offering Cinnamon, Ginger, and Date Tea to my grandmother, my mother, all mothers on earth, and all innocent victims who died from wars and violence.   This tea is to honor the dead souls as victims of violence. This tea is to honor the dead souls as victims of war. This tea is to honor the dead souls as victims of ethnic cleansing. This tea is to remember the dead souls who died without preparation, like those in The Nanking Massacre, The Indian Massacre, the two atomic bombings in Japan, The Holocaust, The Polish Massacre, The Cambodian Genocide, and the 9/11 attack. This tea  is to remember the dead souls who never came back home after being kidnapped, like my great uncle and my aunts. This tea is to remember the dead souls whose wings were clipped, so they never had the chance to fly, like my father.

Because this tea has heat, spicy, hot, and chewy, but sweet taste is overpowering, I am sure my grandmother and all innocent victims from the war would love to taste it.


I also want to call this tea as “Unification Tea” hoping that someday, North Korea and South Korea would be one. I name “Unification Tea” because of the way I make. Ginger and Cinnamon are very different characteristics involved: one is root: the other is from the tree's bark. In order to have maximum flavor, Ginger and Cinnamon are cooked separately and combine at the end to make “One” good flavor. If two or more distinct nature meet and blend well, there will be synergy effect—that is harmony under Unification.
 
Cinnamon Date Tea (Unification tea)


Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes to 1 hour

Ingredients:

50g organic Cinnamon sticks (about 10-12 sticks)... See More

50g (approx 2 oz) fresh organic ginger Peeled and thinly sliced

2/3 cup organic dark brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon seasalt

1/4 teaspoon organic black peppercorns

10 pitted dates

10 cups of filtered water

1 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment