Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Slow Movement‏

FREE & open to the public


By Yoonok Kim, Ph.D

Meeting Rm1 @Albany Public Library-Pine Hills Branch
May 19, 2010: 5:30 - 6:30PM (Wed)
May 27, 2010: 4:30 - 5:30PM(Thurs)
June 9, 2010: 5:30 - 6:30PM (Wed)
June 23, 2010: 6-7PM (Wed)

Since we have come too far, too high, and too fast from Western Civilization and technology-driven modernization, slow is needed. Slow Movement‏ will take us back to basics and back to nature.
SLOW stands for:

S: start from myself, my hands, and my feet

L: love and respect my body, part by part

O: open my heart and turn my resentments into compassion

W: worship the earth and plant the seeds of healing and peace

This class was inspired by sharing stories of our grandmothers who have lived in hope through violence and wars. Our ultimate goal is to stop all wars, bring unity, worldwide peace and oneness. This will be achieved from loving and respecting our body, which will carry over to loving our neighbors, cities, nations, and world. My class will show how to respect our body, heal our earth and plant the seeds of healing and peace. This class requires sitting on the floor. Please bring Yoga mat or cushion.

Questions: yoonok@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment