Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grow your own slips from Sweet Potatoes

I want to show how to grow your own slips from Sweet Potatoes.

Growing Sweet Potatoes in your garden is not a difficult task. The whole process is to bring healing with enjoyment. This is the gift that our nature has given to us. Patience is required on growing it as our life requires patience.



Step 1: Produce your own slips in a vase of water and give it sunshine on a window sill--Take 4-7 weeks (this sprouting was done by my friend Deborah from the class that I taught on Feb, 2010.  Deborah did a beautiful job!! Two thumbs up)
Happy Sweet Potatoes' sprout!



Step 2: Cut the slips when they are about 2-5 inches.


Step 3: Put the slip in a glass of water--Take 6-10 days to form roots.  For the first couple of days, she drinks a lot. 



Step 4: Bury the slips with root attached in the ground. Blowing some good luck kisses to the slips.

Step 5: Wait with hope of having lots of Sweet Potatoes by providing your love, tender, and care . You can also have a dream about it with good harvest.  This process would bring you natural way of healing! 

I will watch them grow everyday, and radiant and healthy-looking energy will spread all over to my garden and my body.  I will be happy with them!

We will harvest the most delicious Sweet Potatoes in October or November. I will make Sweet Potatoes salad with roasted pine nuts and cranberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment