Monday, May 24, 2010

My garden in 2008


This is my garden of 2008.   After having 4th brain related surgeries, I had onely one goal of staying healthy, fit, and vibrant in both inward and outward.  I had been eaten what I grow--Fresh organic veggies from my garden.  I know that I need to eat “real food” for my health and I do not want to go back to the hospital again.

She looks so healthy and vibrant!

On Feb 2007, I woke up in the critical ICU at Albany Medical Center due to a brain aneurysm rupture. After more than one month of hospitalization in both the critical ICU and the regular ICU, I came home, but I was very weak. I could not even walk properly, and I could not sit or stand more than one hour. I was only allowed to go upstairs in my house with an adult’s supervision. Visiting nurses and visiting physical therapists were assigned to teach me how to dress, how to walk, how to go upstairs, and how to take a shower.






The first thing I did was turn my backyard into an organic vegetable garden. By working in the soil, planting seeds, and connecting to the earth, I recovered and reconnected to memories and lessons from my family and the land of my birth, Korea.



Thank you for being in my garden! Thank you for sharing your journey with me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment