Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happily Ever After BOILED POTATO


Happily Ever After BOILED POTATO:


When I was a little girl, my mom served boiled potatoes between meals. I loved eating boiled potatoes. Sometimes my mom mashed it with sugar and a pinch of salt. I loved them so much! My mom later confessed that potato between meals was used to substitute rice because my mom could not afford buyin...g expensive rice.

At our vegetable garden during my childhood, my mom and grandma planted potatoes. They made potato soup, potato pancakes, boiled potatoes, simmering potatoes with soy source and sugar, fried potatoes, etc.

I wanted to remember my mother, grandmother and our ancesters who are no longer with us physically, but live with us spiritually, so I planted @ my happy garden. Today, I want to share my Happily Ever After BOILED POTATO with you.

Thank you, potatoes, for saving us and our ancestors from starvation and hunger!

Thank you for being in my garden to share your journey with me!

Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment