Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cooking With Tears In My Eyes

From the bottom of my heart with tears in my eyes, I cooked "Fiery-Hot Chicken Stew with 49 Garlic Cloves".




I am grieving… I am mourning.… I am crying for all the Missing ones.… I am crying for all the Kidnapping ones .… I am crying for all the Comfort Women.… I am crying for my two missing aunts... so that they will not cry anymore. I have two missing aunts—Japanese took them somewhere (early 1940) before US dropped the A-bomb, but they never came home.

My grandmother was waiting for them to come home until she died. They never did.



I would like to dedicate this Fiery-Hot Chicken Stew to all those Missing ones and Kidnapping ones on this planet who never came back home once they were taken. I want to dedicate all the crying dead souls, living in this universe, including my two missing aunts and other Comfort Women. I also want to dedicate this Fiery-Hot Chicken Stew to all of you both the dead and the living, who were kidnapped and raped by Greedy people. This food is also dedicated to all the women in the world who suffered becauee of Greedy people.



Chicken was chosen because one of my missing aunts had a dream to eat chicken every day because they did not have enough foods. I want to have one of my aunt’s dream come true of a chicken lover.



Before cooking, I took a shower and dressed in white. I comb my hair neatly by running my wooden omb from the top of the crown to my neck and tied hair neatly to make the knot.

I kneeled down and said, Thank you Survivors of Comfort Women!
Dear Survivors of Comfort Women, thank you for your testimonies. Thank you for sharing your unimaginable ordeal. Thank you for your courage to reveal the unimaginable experience. Thank you for your stories that could have contained my missing aunts.



While I was cooking, I felt that Missing ones and Kidnapping ones did not know where they were going. I felt that they did not know what these transgressions will bring for the rest of their life. I felt that they were kidnapped to serve as sex slaves—some of whom were only 13 to 16 years old, servicing 30 to 60 men per day. Heavenly Emperor’s soldiers queued in long lines in front of the cubicles at the 'comfort station'. Historian Yoshiaki Yoshimi, who conducted the first academic study on the topic which brought the issue out into the open, estimated the number to be between 80,000 and 200,000. A majority of the comfort women were from Korea, though others were recruited or kidnapped from China, Taiwan, the Philippines, Burma, Malaysia, and Indonesia.



I felt that they were kidnapped for both body and soul. I felt that they could not escape from being in the frontline of the war, but died or were killed--never came back home while their family was waiting. I felt the horrible conditions they endured: hunger, beatings, assaulting, violating, and invading their body.



I felt their fear… I felt their unexpected tears… I felt their frustration… Because I felt all these, I cried.

I cried.

I cried.

I cried.

I cried because yet still their suffering is beyond my imagination.

I cried because I can never fully capture their agony…their ordeal.



Despite the fact that I can't fully imagine it, and there are so many things I still can't understand or picture, I feel that women’s suffering continues even today, both physically and psychologically across the world. I feel that the victims’ suffering isn't an isolated case, but it appears to be an ongoing matter (e.g., the Serbs committed against women in the former Yugoslavia in 1991). Throughout history, so many innocent were killed and died out of this, all over the world. Even at this moment, right now, the city I live in Albany, NY, America, many young girls are raped and sold into the slavery in money and economic driven society. Our females who are forced into sex slaves experience not only sexual violence but also institutionalized racism.



Many victimes were beating to death. Many were starved to death. Many burning houses with live innocent people inside in their houses while serving sex slaves. Some parents in starvation sold their daughters into sex slaves.



Many unimaginable brutalities have been committed by men—born of women’s wombs—but raised by the whole world. Thus, our uncorrupted female ancestors were the victims of greed-incited violence. And still is...



I want to make sure that no more blood spilled in the name of justice. I want to make sure that there are no more recurrences of these multiple human right violations. I want to make sure that the empowerment of women should be the first and foremost issue in human rights. No more! No more blood! No more killing!





Dear Missing ones, Kidnapping ones, and Comfort Women: I want to make sure that your death is remembered and honored, not wasted in vain. Today, I am mourning for you because I want you to be healed in your spiritual world. I want You to be Happy!



This fiery-hot Chicken stew with salty, savory, and sweet overtones will fill you up. This spicy chicken stew will instantly clear your sinuses and warm you. This is a nutritious food that will increase your energy to live in your spiritual world. With every bite, you will feel volcanoes in your mouth because of the fragrance, flavors, and variety of textures that combine to create a taste explosion. I want to make sure that this chicken stew contains the mixture of natural tendencies, tastes, flavors, and colors which each dead soul needed. Also this stew has triple extreme hot, spicy, pungent flavors, which will burn your anger and terror and will comfort your suffering and agony. With 49 Garlic Cloves, this fiery-hot Chicken stew will burn all the negative emotions around suffering. Let's burn...burn all those pain and suffering!



I want to invite all of you, who served as comfort women (from either Korea or South Asia, such as China, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Taiwan). I also want to dedicate this to the victims still living with us, who came forward to give us testimony of their sexual ordeal and who are still suffering. In addition, I want to offer this to the ones across the world who raped & died and still suffering as sex slaves because they are women. I offer them my deepest compassion.



Please enjoy this Chicken stew to release your agony and your pain out.



My warmest and deepest condolences to you and your family!

Be happy in another world!

Be strong!



From your loving niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment