Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweet and sour Green Cherry Tomatoe Pickle!


Last November, I had tons of Green Cherry Tomatoes in my happy garden. I knew they will not make after the frost. So, I decided to make pickles using soy sauce, red wine, ginger, and vinegar.


1. I washed Green Cherry Tomatoes and some green sweet peppers and put them in a clean sterilized jar.

2. Bring to boil for the following Pickle Juice Ingredients.

3. Pour over Green Cherry Tomatoes when it is hot. Leave in a room temperature for one day.

4. Drain only liquid and bring to boil for the second time.

5. Wait until the liquid is cool down.

6. Pour in a jar and store it in refrigerator.
7.  Enjoy Happy, crispy & crunchy, sweet & sour Green Cherry Tomato Pickles!


Pickle Juice Ingredients (you can change the ratio if you prefer):


1 cup soy sauce

1 cup red wine

1 cup light brown sugar

1 cup cider vinegar

2 cups filtered water

Sliced ginger and 3-5 black pepper corns.




No comments:

Post a Comment