Monday, June 28, 2010

In love with Moon


I am in love with Moon!
Reminds me of my grandma who lost everything at the age of 13
Because of Greedy people
Because of Wars
Because of Atrocities

My grandma learned to cry in the night
Learned to cry in front of Moon
Learned to cry in the rain
Learned to cry in silence

My grandma learned to talk to Full Moon
So that no one noticed her crying
So that no one listened her talk
Only Moon can listen!
Only Moon can hear!

This was the only way she could save herself
This was the only way she could save her remaining children
This was the only way
Talking to Moon
This was the only way
Crying in front of Moon

She survived
With her wisdom, she saved my dad
Even if my dad was beaten near-death twice
By Greedy people
I am her granddaughter!
I miss her so much!

But, my grandma converted her resentment into compassion

For the perpetrators of wars.

The moon listened my grandma's heart-breaking stories
The moon witnessed my grandma's cry
The same Moon lived with our history since the beginning
The same Moon witnessed our uncles death because of Greedy people
The same Moon witnessed our aunts' death because of Atrocities

The same Moon will shine tonight.
The same Moon will shine in our children.
The same Moon will shine in our future.
I am in love with Moon!
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment