Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Kidney Bean’s Destiny‏

One Kidney Bean’s Destiny


One morning in the early Spring of 2009, I saw a kidney bean on my kitchen floor while I was cleaning.



A few days before, I had made “Pumpkin Soup with 108 Kidney Beans”



Had this one fallen on the kitchen floor so as not to be cooked? It got my attention.



I knelt and asked the kidney bean,



“What are you doing here?”

“Why are you here?”

“What do you have to say to me?”



There was No response from the bean.

It made no answer.

For some moments, I stared at it with curiosity and asked.



“What do you want me to do for you?”



A kidney bean cannot answer. And, I don't have an answer either.



Out of curiosity, I kept the kidney bean in my pocket and wondered about its significance for two days. One thing for sure was that this bean had a message for me. And I needed to figure out: It was left uncooked and unconsumed, unlike the rest of the kidney beans in my soup.



It was different from the rest. It was unlike the rest of the kidney beans in my soup.



I remembered the phrase; 'To Stand In Someone Else's Shoes.'



I asked myself: What would you like to do if you were a kidney bean? What would you like to do if you were chosen to fall to the kitchen floor?



The answer came instantaneously. This kidney bean must have a destiny to share with me.



After the speculation of two days, I concluded that this kidney bean had been given a second life. It must have a chance to live in the best way and to die peacefully. This was my answer to the kidney bean.



In April 2009, I planted this kidney bean in my backyard garden, along with other kidney beans, but I marked its spot with a pink ribbon so that I could recognize it later. I am not sure if I provided extra care and tenderness to this kidney bean –because it grew to be much stronger than the others. This bean produced many more kidney beans than the other bean did.



I learned that this kidney bean’s destiny was with me, to be given a second life, to live well by receiving my love and end productively and peacefully. That’s one kidney bean’s destiny!



What about my destiny?

What about your destiny?

What about our destiny?

What about the world’s destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment