Friday, July 22, 2011

Chicory sky-blue flower

This sky-blue flower is Chicory in bloom. Chicory (Cichorium pumilum) is a common type of Lettuce. Chicory roots, leaves and flowers are all edible, and it has been used for medicinal purposes, especially to detoxify the liver.

Like Lettuce, I eat Chicory greens to make wraps with rice or put them in salads.

This bright sky-blue chicory blossom can be sprinkled in salads or used as a garnish.

For Chicory roots, I wash and dry them for making tea in the winter time.
This beauty lives in my backyard for 3 years now and can attract so many little creatures~~~offering her arms outspread as gesture of having wonderful friendship!

Extending her arm is all about sharing Mutual respect for the lives of others!
They are bitter when they are in adult stage or getting older. When they are baby and children stage, they are like lettuce. It is like dandlion. The roots can be used to make teas once dried. My sister loves drinking it over coffee. For me, I drink the root tea for medicinal purposes for cold or reduce bloating feelings.

With beautiful and HaPPy Smile!

We all need to Learn from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment